Support individuals with autism and their families
Welcome to our virtual fundraiser! Since we can't be together for our golf tournament this year, we invite you to help us support the Autism Society of North Carolina by donating any amount that you can!
Last year, we raised $23,698.04 thanks to the very generous donations from all who participated. Here are just a few of the ways the ASNC was able to use these funds to make a positive impact on the autism community:
- Helped newly diagnosed families understand their children’s needs
- Sent children to Camp Royall this summer to learn new skills and make friends
- Helped young adults obtain and maintain meaningful employment.
We are so grateful to have your continued support! Donations received this year through our online fundraiser will help with the impact that COVID19 is having on our families. Families with a loved one with autism no longer have access to their usual resources because of the pandemic and many parents have had to become teachers and therapists, without the proper training. Children with autism are not receiving services and are seeing a regression in skill development. A University of Pittsburgh study also found that family caregivers of people with disabilities are experiencing isolation, anxiety and other ill-effects from the pandemic in far greater numbers than others.
Your donations will do the following:
- Help families to connect to our Autism Resource Specialists to provide advice and guidance on specific educational concerns
- Bring clinical services to participants' homes and through telehealth to help children with regression in skills (communication, feeding, using the restroom independently, etc)
- Help young adults with autism gain meaningful employment (many of whom are working on the front lines to help others during this pandemic)
We realize this is a difficult time for everyone, and we want to be able to help our autism community especially now in these unusual times when there is so much need.
THANK YOU for anything you can offer to help in support of the Autism Society of NC!